Are you brave enough for the #LanguageDare?
We’re celebrating the launch of uTalk’s free Starter Words available to everyone in every language by throwing a massive #LanguageDare party challenge. The #LanguageDare is the ultimate language bravery test! Knowing a few simple words in another language can make all the difference in helping to build friendships and connect people. But few are brave enough to give it a try. Are you up for it?
The #LanguageDare is a three-month global challenge to get you tackling a word or sentence in a different language and posting it to social media. Each month there is a different word or phrase to tackle, and the phrase for October is ‘I don’t understand‘.
Take a look at how our brave uTalk team kicked off August’s #LanguageDare challenge by saying ‘hello’:
So… what’s in it for me?
Great question! Not only will you show the world just how language brave you are by trying out new languages for free. But you’ll also be in with a chance to win a year’s subscription to uTalk worth £79.99. You’ll get access to thousands of words and phrases in over 130 languages so you can explore any language you want and grow your bravery.
…But don’t forget you can start using uTalk now, download it here and you’ll get access to Starter Words in all our 130+ languages for FREE.
How can I get involved?
It’s really simple to enter. All you have to do is post a film of yourself (or a friend) saying the word/phrase of the month in your chosen language using the #LanguageDare hashtag and mentioning @utalk (for Twitter and Facebook entries – please ensure your Facebook post is set to public) or @utalk_app (for Instagram).
You can enter as many times as you like each month and throughout the challenge. The more you enter, the more chances you’ll have of winning. There will be a prize draw at the end of the month, where the winner will be selected at random.*
Well, what are you waiting for? Go on show us how brave you are. Upload your video and challenge your friends to take part in the #LanguageDare
*Terms and Conditions
- By entering the #LanguageDare you are agreeing to allow uTalk to re-produce/use your video for promotional purposes (in all territories)
- There are no limits to the number of entries a person can make, however each entry must be a different language
- Each video submitted (whether a vine / boomerang etc.) is deemed as 1 entry, no matter how many different languages are spoken in the video
- Entries can be submitted via Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, all posts must use the #LanguageDare
- The same video can be uploaded to all 3 social media channels to increase entries into the monthly prize draw
- August’s #LanguageDare runs from 1st – 31st August, September’s #LanguageDare runs from 4th – 30th September and October’s #LanguageDare runs from 2nd – 31st October
- If uploading a film featuring someone else, entrants must ensure that permission has first been sought for the video to be entered into the #LanguageDare
- Prize of one years subscription to uTalk will go to one person each month picked at random. The prize could be kept by the individual or given as a gift to a friend. The prize is worth £79.99 and there is no cash alternative.
Any questions or queries about the #LanguageDare please contact us on email@example.com
This post was written by uTalk